Xperience Science values the importance of protecting your privacy and personal information. This Privacy Notice considers various laws such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the Australian Privacy Principles and other laws and regulations to address Xperience Science’s global practice.
This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect when you interact with our website or actively submit personal data to us.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
1.1 Information You Provide to Us
We may collect data, including personal information, that you provide directly to us via the Website, Events, or Services. For example, we collect information when you:
- Request information about our Services, offerings, or reports;
- Place an order for our Services;
- Participate in a Survey;
- Register for our Events; or
- Request customer support.
The types of personal information we may collect include any information you choose to provide within an email, request, survey response or otherwise.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services
When you use our Websites and Services, we may collect Log and Device information automatically.
- Log Information: We may collect log information about your internet use, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
1.3 Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may collect personal information about a person who you choose to refer to Xperience Science. In doing so, you represent that you have the permission of that person to share such information.
We may also obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect personal information about you from third-parties, including industry lead generators, event coordinators, and publicly available sources.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
We may combine the information we collect about you and use this information for various purposes, including to:
- Deliver the Services you request and process related transactions;
- Provide, maintain, and improve our online products and Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support messages;
- Respond to your comments or questions to provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, Services, offers, and Events offered by Xperience Science;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with products and Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the Events, Websites, Services and content offered; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
2.1 Sharing of Information
We do not rent or sell your information to third-party advertisers for their own marketing purposes. We may share information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice:
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf in support of the purposes described above;
- In response to a request for information, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, including in connection with lawful requests by law enforcement, national security, or other public authorities;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Xperience Science or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or
- acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Xperience Science and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies worldwide under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
3. Security and Retention
Xperience Science takes reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures and contractually requires our suppliers to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Since the Internet is not completely secure, we cannot warrant or ensure the security of personal information you provide.
We retain certain information, as required by law or for legitimate business purposes, after which time such data is deleted. For example, once a user account is deleted, the personal information associated with the account login credentials is also deleted. However, information related to an active order may be retained for longer periods due to other legal or compliance obligations.
You have the right to request that Xperience Science delete your personal information with exceptions, such as when the deletion of information would create problems with compliance with a legal obligation.
4. THE RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF SALE
Xperience Science does not sell personal information.
5. CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT LAW
Xperience Science does not share personal information to third-parties for third-party direct marketing purposes. Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83(d).
6. AUTOMATED PROCESSING
Xperience Science does not make decisions about individuals based solely on automated processing (i.e., without human involvement) which have a legal or similarly significant effect on them.
7. WITHDRAWING CONSENT FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
You may withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal information at any time in which case Xperience Science will stop processing your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent was given unless we have another legal basis for the processing.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
This Privacy Notice does not cover links within this site which link to other websites. If you have questions about how a site uses your information, please check that site’s privacy statement.
9. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may change or update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by email or by revising the Last Updated date on this webpage.